Many companies have very small or non-existent EDI departments. Demands from trading partners pose an immediate strain on the IT department. At this point, there are basically 2 choices:
- Hire additional personnel which is very costly
- Outsource the EDI projects
Outsourcing your EDI projects is a very cost effective approach to meeting the mandates from your trading partners. I have been successfully serving clients EDI outsourcing projects for over 20 years.
Upon completion of your EDI projects, ongoing support will be needed on a daily basis. Your EDI departmental needs will grow with each new trading partner implemented. Many companies don’t have the resources to devote to the tasks that an EDI department dictates. I can provide any level of support that you require. Whether you need mentoring and training support or an offsite facilities manager/programmer, I am available to give you the level of assistance you need. Outlined below is just one example of EDI services that I can offer.
Contact me to discuss your EDI or programming project.
One hour per day retention contract:
- Act as your EDI programmer/analyst/coordinator to perform as many tasks of the below job description as time permits each day.
- Guaranteed availability of an experienced EDI programmer/analyst/coordinator for 8 hours per day.
- Guaranteed one hour response to your requests, phone calls and emails for support.
- Periodic monitoring during regular business hours of Biz Manager for alerts, errors and other messages that may need attention.
- Daily work not to exceed one hour without approval.
Daily tasks required of an EDI department:
- Collaborate with vendors, trading partners, and internal functional teams to define EDI requirements.
- Create and maintain EDI mappings.
- Setup new EDI trading partnerships
- Maintain Biz Connect system
- Provide technical support of the EDI application, mappings, and interfaces.
- Provide 2nd level production support.
- Research, track, and resolve EDI issues.
- Work with VAN’s to resolve transmission issues.
- Work with trading partners and internal functional teams to troubleshoot data issues and mapping issues.
- Monitor Inovisworks VAN to insure error free transmissions.
- Maintain EDI documentation.
- Monitor daily EDI operations and performance.
- Analyze transaction files to identify data errors, transmission errors, and mapping errors.
- Integrate EDI functionality to business processes.
- Assist with the on-boarding of trading partners.
- Assist with trading partner compliancy.
- Work with vendors to maintain EDI software, such as the testing and application of patches and upgrades.
- Act as overall EDI subject matter expert from a technical standpoint as well as from a processes standpoint.
- Serve as a point of escalation for EDI related issues.
- Serve as a key EDI contact for vendors and internal functional organizations.
- Recommend and establish EDI process standards.
EDI outsourcing is a very cost effective approach to your EDI departmental needs. Feel free to contact me for a discussion of your EDI requirements. Together we can create a proposal that’s tailored to your specific needs.
Contact me to discuss your EDI project. Phone: (734) 934-3676